WELCOME BACK TO THE 2018/ 2019 CALENDAR YEAR
Welcome to each and every piano and voice student! It is exciting to embark on a journey toward becoming a musician and I look forward to sharing it with you. Before we begin however, it is important to get a few administrative items clarified.
All lessons begin on Tuesday, September 11th, and conclude on Saturday, June 22nd .
Please note that there are two breaks interspersed throughout the year:
- Christmas Break– Sunday, December 13th , through Monday, January 7th
- March Break– Sunday, March 3rd , through Monday, March 11th
As well, certain holidays are observed. Please see calendar for specific dates within each month. With respect to “winter storm days” my studio is always open and, due to its size, make-up lessons cannot be arranged. Please use your discretion when deciding whether to attend. In relation to other reasons for missed lessons, make-ups are arranged when I miss lessons for any reason, or else they are refunded; otherwise, make-ups are arranged due only to illnesses or family emergencies and all upon the students’ requests.
Please note that there are a few dress rehearsals and/ or group lessons interspersed throughout the year (TBD.) These are good opportunities for students to present their work in small and intimate, but public settings, helping to insure success at the major, often larger, and generally more significant performance venues like: the Community Xmas Concert, Fredericton Music Festival, NB Provincial Music Festival, End of the Year Concert, and formal examinations. There are very important learning outcomes with respect to these exercises and as such they are part of the teaching calendar and tuition schedule. Students are required to participate.
This being my 13th year of teaching piano/voice in Fredericton, my fees are as follows:
- ¾ hour voice/piano = $40.00 (35 lessons for a total of $1400.00 per year, divided by 10 months is $140.00 per month – monthly post-dated cheques dated on the first of each month)
- 1 hour voice/piano = $45.00 (35 lessons for a total of $1575.00 per year, divided by 10 months is $157.50 per month – monthly post-dated cheques dated on the first of each month)
- 1.5 hour voice/piano = $65.00 (35 lessons for a total of $2275.00 per year, divided by 10 months is $227.50 per month – monthly post-dated cheques dated on the first of each month)
- All 10 of the post-dated cheques (September 1 to June 1) are due at the first lesson in September.
- As well, to help with some of the administration costs I charge a once per year registration fee of $25.00 per family; it is also due the first day of instruction.
Students are responsible for purchasing music. (I purchase the music at a discount and pass that on to you, thereby asking you to reimburse me.) Supplementary material from my library may be assigned from time to time. Additional music may be purchased at any time and brought to the lesson.
I provide free dictation books to record the students’ weekly homework assignments. They are extremely important tools to help students stay on task and up to date with respect to progress. As well, because there are so many verbal instructions that happen within the Voice lessons themselves, it’s important for singers to bring recording devices to all lessons with which to reference and practice at home. The actual devices used are at the discretion of the students.
I am looking forward to a fabulous year!
With musical progress in mind,
Ross Simonds BM, RMT